Carl Jung on My Space



There are more than twenty Carl Jungs inhabiting MySpace.com. (MySpace is a social netoworking website with over 100 million accounts.) Most of these have Jung’s picture as the icon to identify them. The quotation that appeared most often was “There is no coming to consciousness without pain.”

The picture at the beginning of this post was from one of the people who responded to a C.J. Jung website; it seemed to capture a bit of Jungian psychology more than most of the material.
Other notable material included:
`
BTW.. You’re in my top friends now, but I bet you knew that from the collective unconscious.
.
Religion: Christian - Other
.
Interests: Networking, serious relationships
.
Music: I appeared on the cover of the Beatles album Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I am mentioned in Peter Gabriel's song "Rhythm of the Heat".I have also been mentioned by The Police, Tool and Saigon Kick.
My number one song of all times is Synchronicity by The Police
.
.
Television: In the television series "Northern Exposure" myself and my ideas are often mentioned. I even made an appearence in one of the characters dreams. I am also mentioned in the popular television show "Frasier" Dr. Niles Crane is Jungian psychiatrist while his brother Dr. Frasier Crane is a Freudian psychiatrist.
.
Movies: My writing was introduced to Italian film maker Federico Fellini in the 1950s and had an effect on the way Fellini incorporated dreams into films after "La dolce vita". In the movie Batman Begins, the character of Jonathan Crane, aka "The Scarecrow", is a Jungian psychiatrist and at the same time personifies one of human kind's primal archetypes (the Scarecrow).
----------------------
I was expecting that Freud would have fewer profiles that Jung, since Jung seems to be so much much in current consciousness. Freud had over 100 profiles. This is not a good sign.
.
.